WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM YOUR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY?
At 30A Luxury Vacations, we understand why you want a company that has the ability and the ambition to deliver the best possible experience for vacation rental property owners and their guests.
From your vacation rental property management firm, you'll want exemplary service, professionalism and up-to-date technology to help maximize the return on your valuable investment. For peace of mind, you will want to partner with a firm whose business is conducted with integrity.
Here are several factors you will need to consider as you evaluate companies to manage your property along 30A:
1. Excellent Customer Service
- Are the management firm's employees empowered to solve problems? Do they exhibit a genuine sense of caring, a desire to resolve the issue? When problems arise (and they inevitably will), how efficiently and effectively will they be handled?
- Do live people answer the phone 24/7 (not just for an emergency, but for any reason, including to book a reservation or to answer casual inquiries)? Are the firm's owners active and hands-on?
- Is a welcome packet provided to guests, with helpful information about the property, hospital and medical clinics, airlines and taxi service?
- Excellent service should extend to you, the property owner, as well. Can property owners log on to the web site to book their dates, view dates for existing reservations, and see owner statements?
2. Cleaning Management
Renters in vacation properties expect service, just as they would find at a hotel (or even at a modest motel). A property rental firm must provide thorough, reliable cleaning that meets or exceeds the standards of international travelers.
- How has the staff been trained?
- Do supervisors inspect after cleaning?
- In our semi-tropical climate, regular cleaning is essential, even during periods of vacancy! Is this provided?
3. Key Holding, Inventory, and Details
As with any home, there are many details that must be attended to. Renters expect everything to be in proper working order. For guests, it's understandably about their own vacation. It's not acceptable that the coffee maker will be replaced next week. They will be back at work by then, recounting their experiences to others. Therefore, the property service should be entrusted with these routine maintenance tasks.
Another area of importance is inventory. A thorough inspection of your rental property must be taken and recorded on an inventory list, plus checked physically each time guests depart. Does your current firm conduct such an inventory?
4. Maintenance and Repairs
- How often does the rental company check the property during periods of vacancy?
- What is the schedule for routine maintenance?
- How quickly do they respond in an emergency?
5. Promoting your Vacation Rental
- Have they identified the niche markets - the various types of renters (family vacationers, golf and tennis enthusiasts, adventure travelers, beach goers, or honeymooners) - and tailored marketing to reach the targets?
- Do they target foreign travelers on the worldwide web, where our dollar is a great value against their currency?
- Is their web site attractive, easy to navigate and fully functional?
- Can a renter complete his reservation online, including making the rental deposit by credit card on a secured page?
Carefully considering which 30A property management firm is right for you and the best fit for your property can assure that your investment is not only protected, but produces the maximum return. What is more, your guests and renters will have a memorable experience for all the right reasons!