Rental Policies and Conditions
1. Check-In / Check-Out Times.
Check-in begins at 5:00 PM (CST). Check-out time is 10:00 AM (CST). Early check-ins and late check-outs require special arrangements and entering or parking at the property is subject to an additional fee of $250. We do not accept early check-in or late check-out requests during peak seasons. Refunds will not be given for late arrivals or early departures.
**Please know the check-in time is only extended from our normal 10:00 am and 4:00 pm due to the current pandemic and the additional cleaning and sanitization guidelines we are follwoing.
2. Advance Reservations and Rates.
We accept reservations up to one year in advance. We reserve the right to correct or adjust rates to the published rates at the time of the reservation in the event that they have been misquoted due to human and/or computer errors.
3. Reservation Deposit
A reservation deposit equal to 50% of the total booking charges is due at the time of reservation, along with full payment for CSA Travel Protection unless declined. This deposit will be applied towards the total booking charges due. It is not a damage deposit.
4. Payment of Rent
The balance of the rental fee is due 60 days prior to the Check-In date. For stays longer than 30 days the balance of the rental fee is due ninety (90) days prior to the Check-In date. We accept electronic checks and credit cards (Master Card, Visa, Discover, and American Express). Credit cards, however, are only accepted for short-term rentals (stays of less than 30 days).
5. Travel Protection Insurance:
Travel insurance is available through CSA Travel Protection. In case of certain unforeseen events, this insurance may help protect your vacation investment. It is automatically calculated and added to your rental rate upon booking. The plan is optional, and the service can be declined if you so choose. Details about the coverage and questions concerning CSA Travel Protection can be obtained by reviewing the certificate of insurance on their website www.vacationrentalinsurance or by calling CSA at 866-999-4018.
6. Cancellations and Changes.
Reservations may be cancelled or shortened by notifying the Rental Manager in writing at least 60 calendar days prior to your arrival date (“Cancellation Period”). In such instances, the full amount of your Reservation Deposit will be refunded, less a $200.00 administrative cancellation/change fee. In the event of cancellations or shortened stays made after the Cancellation Period, you will be responsible for the full amount of the total booking charges. Any refunds for cancellations or shortened stays made after the Cancellation Period has expired must be obtained from CSA Travel Protection and are subject to their policies, conditions and restrictions. If you choose to decline CSA Travel Protection, no refunds will be provided for cancellations or shortened stays made after the Cancellation Period, and you will be responsible for the full amount of the total booking charges.
7. Peace of Mind Protection Plan - Damage Protection.
Included within your rental fee is coverage under our Peace of Mind Protection Plan. This damage protection plan or 'peace of mind' coverage provides you and your guests with coverage for accidental damage that may take place at the property during your stay for up to a total of $3,000.00 in damages. The damage protection plan or coverage only applies to accidental damages that are reported prior to checkout. Damages in excess of $3,000, as well as damages or losses excluded from or otherwise not covered by the damage protection clause, will be charged to the guest. The full terms of the Accidental Damage Protection Clause are attached, and fully incorporated herein as an express term of this rental agreement.
8. Accommodation Selections.
30A Luxury Vacations appreciates that its luxury accommodations offer differ appointments, designs, and layouts, and that reservation holders want the peace of mind that they will stay in the specific units they selected. Accordingly, we will reserve for you the specific unit selected at the time of your reservation upon the receipt of your deposit and a signed contract. Subject to availability for maintenance, owner usage, or other issues that may render the accommodations unsuitable for rental, and/or subject to the property remaining as a 30A Luxury Vacations accommodation at the time of the stay, guests will be placed in the specific unit set forth in their reservation agreement, or otherwise provided with a full refund or an opportunity to stay in an equivalently priced accommodation if available. Notwithstanding 30A Luxury Vacations’ efforts, if the specific unit reserved is unavailable for any reason, guests will be limited to a full refund or similar accommodation at their election. In no event will 30A Luxury Vacations be responsible for any direct or indirect costs, expenses, fees or other consequential damages resulting from the unavailability of a specific accommodation.
9. No Pets
Pets are only permitted in designated 30A Luxury Vacation accommodations. The manager must approve all pets and a $200 per pet non-refundable pet fee will be added to the reservation. Guests who violate this policy will be charged an additional $500, plus the expense of any necessary cleaning. Violations may also result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of rent.
10. No Smoking.
Smoking is not permitted in any 30A Luxury Vacation accommodations. Guests who violate this policy will be charged an additional $500, plus the expense of any necessary cleaning. Violations may also result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of rent.
11. Minimum stay requirements
Most of our properties require a minimum stay of three (3) nights. Longer stays may be required during peak seasons and holidays. One-week or five-night minimum stays apply at some properties during peak and holiday periods, with Saturday arrival and Saturday departure.
12. Maximum Number of Guests.
The maximum number of guests per accommodation is based on the individual accommodation’s ability to comfortably and safely house our guests. If the maximum occupancy is exceeded at any time, you may be asked to vacate the property and forfeit any rental payments.
13. Age Requirements.
All of our vacation accommodations are family rentals only absent exception being explicitly granted by 30A Luxury Vacation. No units will be rented to vacationing students or young adults (under 21) unaccompanied by a responsible parent or guardian at a ratio of five (5) children to one (1) adult over the age of 25. A parent or guardian must be staying in the unit at all times. Guests who violate this policy are subject to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all rental payments. In accordance with Florida State Statute 509.41, reservations made under false pretense are null and void and check-in will not be allowed or guests will be asked to vacate the accommodations. This policy includes reservations made by parents or guardians who do not check-in, and/or who leave overnight during the length of the stay.
Your vacation accommodations will be cleaned to quality standards prior to your arrival and after your departure. You will be responsible for the cleaning of your unit during your stay and for leaving the unit in good condition at check-out. We respectfully request that you remember that you are staying in someone’s home during your vacation; please treat it with the care you would your own. If units are found abnormally dirty at check-out, additional charges will be charged to your credit card to assist in performing a deep cleaning of the unit. Your unit should have an initial supply of trash liners, toilet paper, bath soap, towels, etc. These items are a starter set and you will probably need to purchase additional supplies to last the remainder of your stay. All stays will be subject to a cleaning fee. We would be happy to provide additional cleanings during your stay for an additional fee.
15. Beach & Pool Towels.
Please bring beach and/or pool towels, as we do not permit bath towels or linens to be taken from the unit except for laundering.
During your stay, promptly report any maintenance problems to your Rental Manager. No refund or rate adjustment will be made for unforeseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, telephone, television or cable service, appliances, etc.
17. Damage Policy.
Guests are responsible for the property, its contents, and themselves during occupancy. Guests must lock windows and doors securely when not in the premises. Rearranging the furniture or removing any items from the unit is prohibited. After Check-Out, the Rental Manager will inspect the unit for damage, missing items, and abnormally dirty appearance. If the Rental Manager determines that damage is present, items are missing, or the unit is abnormally dirty, the Rental Manager will repair the damage, replace the missing items, and/or perform a deep clean of the unit at Renter’s expense. Renter authorizes Rental Manager to charge the credit card on file to reimburse the Rental Manager for any such expenses.
18. Hurricanes and Severe Weather
Guests covered by CSA Travel Protection may be entitled to a refund or partial refund in the event that the National Hurricane Center and our local governing officials issue a “Mandatory Evacuation” order for the location of your rental property, provided that you have purchased coverage before the storm was named. Any such refunds shall be subject to the terms, conditions, and restrictions of the CSA Travel Protection policy. Details about the coverage and can be obtained by reviewing the certificate of insurance on their website www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/330CERT or by calling CSA at 866-999-4018. Rental Manager will not issue refunds for cancellations or shortened stays due to actual or anticipated hurricanes, tropical storms, or other inclement weather under any circumstances.
19. Security of Personal Property.
We are not responsible for any acts of theft or vandalism, or other damages to any personal property or for personal items left by guests in the accommodation at departure.
20. Payment Method
Please provide payment directly with one of our vacation planners over the phone or via the online payment system if making a booking online. Payment must be via Credit Card or Electronic Check. The final payment will be automatically charged 60 days prior to your arrival using the same credit card or electronic check you use to process the booking deposit.
21. No Subletting.
The rental property may not be sublet. Your reservation is not transferable to any other party.
22. Good Neighbor Policy.
Please remember you are staying in someone's home during your vacation. Please treat it with care and leave it in good condition at check-out.
23. Property Rules and Regulations.
Please observe all rules and regulations governing the use of the property you are occupying. These rules apply to both owners and guests, and failure to comply can result in eviction.
24. Golf Cart and Bike Liability.
By signing the Rental Agreement electronically and accepting the terms and conditions attached thereto, Guests who rent units that provide complimentary Golf Carts and/or bikes further consent to the express terms, conditions, and waivers set forth in the attached Golf Cart Waiver and Damage Addendum and Bike Waiver and Damage Addendum, the terms and conditions of which are expressly incorporated herein.
Accidental Damage Protection
Guests of 30A Luxury Vacation, LLC ("the Company") who have paid the non-refundable $79.00 Accidental Damage Protection fee prior to checking in to a property ("the Property"), will not be obligated to pay the first $3,000 in damages, subject to the conditions and limitations set forth below. This accidental damage protection is not insurance. It is a non-refundable, one-time charge per reservation that covers accidental damage reported by the guest prior to check-out for guests who have complied with the Rental Agreement. In exchange for the payment of the Accidental Damage Protection fee and the execution of this Rental Agreement, which incorporates the terms of this limited Accidental Damage Protection clause, the Company hereby waives the right to charge the guest for any reported damages to the Property that result from the guests' accidental or inadvertent acts or omissions during the duration of their stay for damages up to but not exceeding $3,000.
Guests will be responsible for any damages or losses in excess of $3,000, as well as any damages or losses excluded from the terms herein.
Accidental Damage Protection Conditions & Limitations
The Accidental Damage Protection clause has certain conditions, limitations, and exclusions. This clause will not waive the guest's liability for damage to the Property resulting from:
1. Intentional acts or omissions, abuse, or neglect by a guest or a guest's invitee. This includes any damages to the property that could have been foreseen by a reasonable person including damages resulting in any additional cleaning and/or maintenance costs.
2. Gross negligence, which, for the purposes of this Agreement, shall be defined as an act by a guest or a guest's invitee in reckless, willful, or wanton disregard as to the consequences to the Property.
3. Any cause, if the guest does not report the damage immediately to Company staff prior to checking out of the Property;
4. Theft when the guests failed to lock or secure the premises or property, including items such as bikes.
5. Any damages caused by an animal or damages resulting from unauthorized smoking in a unit.
6. Loss or Damage in excess of $3,000.
7. Loss or Damage to any of guest's personal property.
The Plan applies only to the direct physical loss or damage to covered property. It does not cover the loss of use of such property. This waiver is not intended in any way to provide reimbursement or coverage for the following items, which shall remain the responsibility of the owner of the Property:
1. Damages that constitute normal wear and tear.
2. Damages resulting from acts of God, including but not limited to acts resulting in fire, flood, or other natural disasters.
3. Damages or losses to Property, which are unrelated to the actions of the guest.
4. Theft that occurs despite the guests' reasonable efforts to secure the Property and related items.
When a guest provides notice to Company prior to check-out of accidental or inadvertent damage to the Property, the Company will investigate the damage to determine whether the damage appears to have been caused by accidental or inadvertent actions and to determine the nature and extent of the damages and the necessity for and costs of the repairs or replacements. Such determination shall be made in the sole and absolute discretion of the Company provided there is some reasonable basis for making such a determination. The Company has ultimate claim administration authority, and in the event of any dispute relating to this waiver, Guests agree to submit to binding arbitration in Walton County, Florida.
Bike Liability Waiver & Damage Addendum
The following terms apply to the use of any complementary bicycles and related biking equipment provided at one of 30A Luxury Vacations’ Rental Properties:
1. The person responsible for renting through 30A Luxury Vacations, LLC (who executes this Rental Agreement via their electronic signature) (hereinafter "Operator") assumes complete liability for the care of and use of any complimentary bicycles provided during their stay and assumes full liability and responsibility for ensuring adherence to the rules and safety information provided herein.
2. Operator expressly acknowledges and agrees that operating a bicycle involves the risk of serious bodily injury or death, and/or property damage and hereby assumes such risk knowingly and voluntarily.
3. In consideration of being permitted to ride the bicycles provided, Operator does for themselves, their guests, their heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns, hereby release and forever discharge 30A Luxury Vacations, LLC, 30A Luxury Vacations, LLC's owners, agents, employees and assigns, as well as the Owners of the rental property and their assigns, from any and every claim, demand, action or right of action of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, arising from or by reason of any bodily injury or personal injuries, known or unknown, death or property damage resulting, or to result, from any accident that may occur and any activities in the operation of the bicycles whether by negligence or otherwise that result in injury or damage.
4. Operator also hereby indemnifies and holds harmless 30A Luxury Vacations, LLC, its owners, agents, employees, and assigns, as well as the Owners of the rental property and their assigns, from and against any claims or suits made or filed by anyone who rides the bicycles provided to Operator through this Rental Agreement.
5. Rules of the road apply when bicycles are being ridden. Guests will obey all local, state, and federal regulations regarding the operation of this equipment on public traffic ways, parking lots, and in public areas, including but not limited to:
a. A bicycle rider or passenger (including a child who is riding in a trailer or semitrailer attached to a bicycle) who is under 16 years of age must wear a bicycle helmet that is properly fitted and is fastened securely upon the passenger’s head. Each property is outfitted with free helmets for the number of adult and children’s bicycles provided. If you do not have enough helmets upon your arrival, call 30A Luxury Vacation's office and we will deliver additional helmets immediately.
b. Children under 4 years of age, or who weigh 40 pounds or less, must be in a seat or carrier that is designed to carry a child of that age or size and that secures and protects the child from the moving parts of the bicycle.
c. A bicycle rider may not allow a passenger to remain in a child seat or carrier on a bicycle when the rider is not in immediate control of the bicycle.
d. Please always ride in the lane marked for bicycle use if one is available.
e. Because the bicycles provided are not equipped with the statutorily required lighting sufficient to allow riding in the dark, no riding between sunset and sunrise is permitted.
6. Parents and guardians are responsible for ensuring that your minor children are in compliance with these safety guidelines.
7. Operator agrees to properly secure the bicycles at all times to avoid theft, damage, or unauthorized use. This includes ensuring that all bikes are locked and properly secured when they are ridden to another location. Every bike should come with a lock. In the event you don’t have sufficient locks to secure the bikes, please let us know immediately. If a bike is lost during your stay or stolen while the bike is not secured with a lock, your credit card or checking account on file will be charged for the replacement cost of each lost or stolen bike which is currently $450.00.
8. Operator agrees that the bicycles will only be left at his/her rental property overnight and not at any other locations.